PARTICIPATION OF PORTUGAL
MUSIC TO DECREASE INEQUALITY AT SCHOOL
MEETING IN ROMANIA – OCTOBER 2016




As a participant in this wonderful project, I must admit that Music did play a significant role in our cohesion as a group. During that week in Romania, I dare say it was a way of bringing us all together, trespassing our cultural or linguistic differences.  We had a chance to sing a song altogether — it was a song for unity, harmony,  joy and peaceful coexistence. It's no surprise the melody was sang in English, the frank language used in this type of situation. In the most subtle manner, it provides the same type of connection Music does. Through it, two people from across the globe can interact, despite their socio-economic or ethnic background.
Besides the unity component, we were given the opportunity to learn a few words from each language (Greek, Italian, Turkish, Lithuanian and Romanian) to add to our vocabulary. Personally, I tried to learn how to say "I love you" in all of them. It’s amazing how an expression so small and common can have an impact: it was a really funny conversation starter and no one really knew how to spell anything correctly, which turned out to be hilarious.
We were connected by music, tethered by language, bonded through laughter. Overall, it was an experience I'll forever cherish and hold dearly: it changed me for the better, I feel like I have a piece of their little harmony in my heart.

Beatriz Figueiredo

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Our Project during the Two Years’ Cooperation

Music project

Erasmus+ Project gave so many beautiful things to my life.